Located in an eco-friendly building in the grounds of Holmfirth Junior, Infant & Nursery School, the Tiger Club offers a fun and friendly breakfast and after-school club for children aged 3-11 years.
Tiger Club is looking for a Playworker to join our friendly and dynamic team providing high-quality, safe and stimulating after school care for the children who attend.
Hours of work: 11.25 hours per week during term time, for the after-school club session (15:15 to 17:30).
The main duties of the successful candidate will include:
* – Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
* – Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
* – Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
* – Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
* – Administering first aid when necessary.
* – Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
* – Helping with club administration, where necessary.
* – Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
* – Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
* – Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
* – Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
* – Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* – Experience of working with 3 to 11 year olds.
* – Understanding the varied needs of children and their families.
* – Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality play care.
* – Understanding the issues of equal opportunities.
* – Provide and facilitate safe and creative play.
* – Good communication skills.
* – Able to work as part of a team.
* – Sound judgement and common sense.
* – Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children (Para 3.25 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021).
* – Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent in a childcare related subject.
* – Experience of working within a play-based setting.
* – Experience of administration.
* – Competent in using IT to support play and club administration.
* – Ability to work on own initiative.
* – Appropriate child protection training.
* – Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate (training available).
* – Food Hygiene Certificate (training available).
* – Working knowledge of the EYFS.
This post is covered by the Childcare Act 2006 and is subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure for a regulated activity and reference checks.
Please click the application form and full job description below.
Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” when applying, thank you.