Full and Part-Time Sous Chefs – Lu’s Place
We are looking for skilled and passionate full and part-time Sous Chefs to support the Head Chef and wider team at Lu’s. We would consider apprentices or individuals looking to gain some paid work experience or placement as part of their studies.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a number of people to join a brand-new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
As a Sous Chef you would work closely with the Head Chef to support with the food and beverage operation whilst continuing to drive food standards and speed of service.
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
Initially 6 days per week with shifts allocated between 8am and 6pm with occasional evening shifts for private hire/events.
This position would suit someone who is looking for a better work/life balance as the majority of hours are during the day with last orders being taken at approximately 4:00pm.
- Have catering qualifications or relative experience (desirable but not essential).
- Be reliable, conscientious, and punctual
- Be organised, work well under pressure, have a flexible approach to working hours and lead by example
- Step up in the head chef’s absence to run the food and beverage operation
- Be able to adhere to company standards and procedures
- Have strong verbal communication and people skills and be able to communicate daily to relevant team members
- Have experience and or an interest in social media to promote the business through Lu’s social channels
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Food preparation
- Pot washing
- Assist with stock control and levels
- Assist with ordering food, drink, and disposables
- Deep cleaning the kitchen
- Take responsibility for recording food safety when the head chef isn’t present
- Willingness to help the front of house team out with serving, taking orders, pot washing and cleaning if required
- Full and part-time
- On the job training
- Competitive rate of pay dependant on experience
- Team discount
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions
- Team outings
- Bonus scheme
If you like the sound of this and would like to work with us, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Info” within your application.