Part-Time Breakfast Chef – Lu’s Place
We are looking for a skilled and passionate part-time Breakfast Chef to support the Head Chef on a morning shift to be available immediately.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to join a brand-new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
As a Breakfast Chef you would work closely with the head chef to assist with the food and beverage operation in a morning. You will support the head chef to drive the food standards, speed of service and be heavily involved, yet supported in building the café business.
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
Initially 5 days per week, Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 6:00pm and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm with a view to extending opening hours once the business is established.
This position would suit someone who is looking for a better work/life balance as all hours are during the morning from 08:00am till 12:30pm, 3 or 5 days per week.
- Have catering qualifications or relative experience are desirable but not essential. On the job training can be provided to the right candidate
- Be reliable, conscientious, and punctual
- Be organised, work well under pressure, have a flexible approach to working hours and lead by example
- Step up in the head chef’s absence to run the breakfast operation
- Be able to adhere to company standards and procedures
- Have strong verbal communication and people skills and be able to communicate daily to relevant team members
- Have experience and or an interest in social media to promote the business through Lu’s social channels
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing breakfasts from our menu and based on custom orders
- Executing customers’ orders considering all special requests
- Maintain a clean cooking station and sterilize equipment
- Menu input
- Carry out instructions received by the Head Chef
- Monitor food stock, maintain supplies and assist with order placing as and when required
- Suggest recipes to renew our menu and draw in more clients
- Take responsibility for recording food safety when the head chef isn’t present
- Check and put away deliveries as and when required
- Part-Time position
- No afternoon/evening work required
- Training available
- Competitive rate of pay dependant on experience
- Team discount
- On-site parking
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions
- Team outings
- Bonus scheme
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off to spend with loved ones
If you like the sound of this and would like to work with us, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at email@example.com
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.