We have an opportunity for a flexible, part-time (3 days per week) and term-time only individual, to teach Paediatric First Aid within Purple Dog.
If you would like to teach or coach, and has the experience and an interest in paediatric first aid and pre hospital care, then this could be just the role for you.
Experience really does count, and if you have experience in working in a childcare setting or within healthcare please read on
Working with us here at Purple Dog offers you the opportunity to work within a small and supportive team.
Our ethos is to teach individuals lifesaving skills in a fun and effective way, ensuring all learners leave competent and confident in their skills.
We provide all equipment, training, uniforms and support, to be able to deliver the courses to the high standard we pride ourselves in.
Assessing your course attendees for their confidence and competence skills in First Aid Training is part of every paediatric first aid course delivered.
Our trainer will deliver with a delivery style of being confident, engaging, enthusiastic and do this in a skillful way, with groups of up to 12 people.
They will have the ability and confidence to create a positive and relaxed environment, and have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and act out hypothetical situations within a childcare setting.
We need the right tutor to want to work as a team member and support others in their roles and help to take the business forward
Our trainers do on occasions have to travel to deliver courses within the adjoining authorities to Kirklees. This means being flexible and prepared to work occasional Saturdays and evenings is a must
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Ensuring that you are there to meet and greet the learners as they arrive
- Being responsible in delivering to the requirements set
- Ensuring that the training room is set up and managed
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and resources
- Managing records and course paperwork
- Working under all policies and procedures set by Purple Dog Ltd
Our First Aid Trainer will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Understanding children’s developmental stages and behaviours is important in explaining how children respond to being hurt, being scared, and being treat by a paediatric first aider
We need you to be:
- Confident in speaking to groups of people
- Able to speak clearly, with a friendly and approachable manner
- Able to teach in a way that encompasses all learning styles
- Approachable and patient with questions throughout the course
- Able to work flexible days
- Confident in assessing and supporting learners in an empowering way
- Able to use confidently the Powerpoint presentations supplied
- Experience in delivering to others any kind of training/ coaching/ supportive work
- Knowledge and experience of OFSTED and EYFS requirements
- Being a qualified first aider and have practical experience in this role
- Full driving licence and transport (mileage allowance given)
- Be comfortable with dogs as we have two
Desirable Experience (this can be worked towards):
- At least a Level 3 in teaching and learning
- Any other first aid qualifications
Salary: Competitive and negotiable, depending on experience
For further questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying to join our amazing team at our family run business, please supply your CV, along with a covering letter no later than 28/03/22 to email@example.com
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Info” within your application.