Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline all the duties and responsibilities of the post, a document such as this does include every specific detail of the job role and other duties may be required during the duration of your contract with Shepley Preschool and OOSC.
Anticipated Working Hours: 07:15 – 08:45 and 15:15 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. 16.5 hours in holiday club weeks.
Hourly rate to be discussed dependent on experience
Purpose of the post
This role involves preparing and serving breakfasts and high tea, organising activities, and engaging with children in a fun and educational manner, all while maintaining a strong collaboration with parents, the preschool setting and the school.
Ideal candidates should be available for both morning and afternoon sessions, but we remain flexible to discuss other arrangements to meet the business needs.
Prospective candidates should be calm, reliable, organised, and possess excellent communication skills. They should also be team players, enthusiastic, creative, and passionate about developing engaging play activities for children aged between 4 and
10 years. You will also be required to work with children in our Preschool room aged between 2 and 4 years.
Duties and responsibilities
• To ensure a high standard of care for all children and to keep them safe and settled within the setting
• Liaise with parents, carers and school where needed
• To attend supervisions, staff appraisals, and attend training to ensure continued professional development
• To support the management team in the delivery of the day to day routine in the before and after school club sessions
• Work as part of a team within your room and the wider nursery/OOSC team
• To contribute to and implement all the settings policies and procedures at all times
• Prepare and serve nutritious breakfasts and evening snacks to children.
• Develop and implement a diverse timetable of activities that cater to various interests, both indoors and outdoors.
• Engage with children in a range of play and educational activities, fostering a safe and fun learning environment.
• Build a collaborative partnership with parents and the school community, maintaining open and positive communication.
• Assist in setting up and clearing away before and after school sessions, ensuring a clean and organised space.
• Monitor the safety and well-being of children at all times, adhering to safeguarding policies.
• To report any safeguarding concerns or queries to the safeguarding lead on duty at the time. Ensure that safeguarding training is kept up to date and you follow the settings policies and procedures at all times
• Keep strictly confidential any personal information relating to children, their families or members of staff learned as part of the job.
• To ensure that the setting is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times
• To be involved in training and staff meetings out of work hours
• To undertake other duties consistent with the scope of the post and within the competence of the post holder as required, in accordance with the settings aims and objectives.
• Lead by example and follow our code of conduct at all times
• Ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
• Understand that you represent Shepley Preschool and OOSC at all times
• Deputy Manager
• Experience in childcare or education as well as a Level 3 Childcare qualification is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A positive, energetic, and resilient demeanour.
• A commitment to the development and education of children.
• Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative.
• Flexibility to meet the needs of the children, families and the business
• Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 16th February
To apply, please email email@example.com adding “As seen on Holmfirth.info”, thank you.