One-to-One SEND Support
We are seeking to appoint a Nursery Support Assistant to work on a one-to-one basis with a child with Special Educational Needs in our care.
Barnaby’s Nursery is a homely environment based at Mearhouse Farm, New Mill, in a purpose converted barn with a large outdoor space. The successful candidate will work within a team of staff with a variety of experience and qualifications and would be supported by the nursery SENCO.
The position would suit someone looking to work within a school hour day.
The role will involve:
- Developing a close and trusting bond with the child and child’s parents
- Planning and carrying out activities to support the child’s development
- One to one support (including mealtimes and general care)
- Recording through observation, progress made in line with the EYFS and supporting planned targets.
- Attending review meetings with parents and outside agencies
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and motivated individuals, committed to delivering high quality childcare and education. Experience in working with SEND children and acting as a 1:1 support within nurseries would be preferable.
A DBS check and references will be required for this post (DBS update service registration is preferred).
Application deadline: Tuesday 11 April 2023
Expected start date: ASAP
For details please call Clare Short on 01484 683 083 or email Clare at email@example.com
Please, “add as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.