Office Manager – The Nook Brewhouse, Holmfirth
Salary – £20,000 – £22,000 a year
Job type – Full-time Permanent
Full Job Description
A position has opened up in our company for an Office Manager. This exciting role is fast paced and diverse with no two days being the same. The job would suit a trustworthy individual who is driven, practical and imaginative.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Marketing of The Nook Brewhouse; The Tap House bar and restaurant, The Nook Pub and The Boshaw Trout.
- General enquires and customer service for all part of the business including accommodation booking and enquiries
- Administration and book keeping.
- Beer sales and cask swaps from the Nook Brewhouse, including coordinating deliveries.
- Monthly beer duty returns.
- Management of respective websites and social media.
- Managing the company presence and participation at events
Essential Skills: Proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- Highly personable, professional individual with exceptional communication skills in written and oral forms.
- Able to liaise and build good working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Creative and innovative with an ability to see ‘the wider picture’.
- Exceptionally organised and able to work quickly, effectively and multitask.
- Able to manage and lead maintaining good relationships with other members of staff.
- File effectively and ensure the smooth running and organisation of the office.
Desirable skills: Knowledge of Brewery management and accommodation booking software Able to work independently.
- Familiarity with WordPress blogging and website platform.
- Knowledge of the brewing process and industry.
- A full clean driving licence and own transport
- Flexible individual who would be able to work their hours to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Two years’ experience in a business or sales role, with strong mathematical, written and analytical skills.
The role is within a family company running four businesses; The Nook Pub, The Tap House, The Boshaw Trout and The Nook Brewhouse. Both the Nook (8 rooms) & The Boshaw Trout (10 rooms) offer guest accommodation.
The Nook Pub has been owned and run by the Roberts family for nearly 50 years, the Nook has been a real ale haven and has enjoyed regular entry to The CAMRA Good Beer Guide throughout this period. The pub has two beer festivals per year and regularly contributes to the numerous festivals in Holmfirth. The pub is well known locally and further afield for its individuality and character.
In 2008 construction began on a plot of land to the rear of The Nook to become its brewhouse. The Brewhouse is a 5 barrel plant built in a tower design in line with more traditional methods of brewing.
The Brewhouse aims to be as environmentally sustainable as possible with the tower design utilising gravity to assist the transfer of product from one stage to the next and reusing thermal energy wherever possible. The Brewhouse attempts to source local ingredients and use local suppliers whenever possible.
The Tap House, Bar and Restaurant
The Tap House opened in 2014 and is a relaxed and casual bar and restaurant. Product focus is on beers and real ales from The Nook Brewhouse as well as catering for larger functions and contributing to numerous festivals in Holmfirth.
The Boshaw Trout
The latest addition to the Nook Brewhouse was the opening of The Boshaw Trout in Hade Edge in 2020, The Boshaw Trout is a modern countryside public house with 10 guest rooms that is getting a great reputation for it’s food The true ambience of The Boshaw Trout is difficult to catch, it’s just somewhere you need to visit.
Hours: 40hours per week some occasional evening and weekends work may be required
- Company events
- Company pension
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Holmfirth: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Alternatively please send a written application to;
The Nook Brewhouse,
7B Victoria Square,