Bridge Law are currently looking for an individual to join their small but increasingly busy and growing team for a part-time Legal Assistant/Secretary position at their Holmfirth office. The role will be 3 days a week (9am-5pm Wednesday-Friday).
Although previous experience in a legal secretary position is preferred, it is not necessary for this role as full training will be provided.
This position is largely client-facing, so the successful candidate must have proven excellent customer service skills and telephone manner. The role is suited to an individual who is organised, pays attention to detail, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and likes variety as every day is different.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the reception area (i.e. meeting and greeting clients, answering the phone, booking appointments etc.)
- Liaising with fee earners daily about workload prioritisation and providing secretarial support to the family law, private client and litigation fee earners, typing letters, court and meeting notes, filling out forms, filing etc.
- Assisting fee earners with preparing legal documents, including the preparation of court bundles.
- From time to time, witnessing clients’ Wills.
- General office admin duties, including taking post to the post office, managing stationery orders, ensuring the reception and meeting room area is kept tidy, managing petty cash and opening and closing the office at times.
- This role is ideal for someone who’d like to work in a close-knit, hardworking, small but busy local high street team – that would like to build a long-lasting career within the firm.
Why work for Bridge Law?
Bridge Law was founded in 2016 with the belief that a new way of providing legal services was way overdue. They believe in a modern approach that embraces technology whilst providing a flexible, approachable and personal service to clients; to take away the stress and frustrations many clients have experienced with traditional firms.
Since opening the head office in Marple Bridge, their team has grown, and in 2018, they opened their Holmfirth office.
The team at Bridge Law are collaborative, open and supportive and offers a competitive salary and career progression opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter detailing why you think you are suited to this role and why you would like to work for Bridge Law along with your CV to Carol-Anne Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.
Please note applications must be submitted before 5pm on Friday, 11th November 2022.