Innovation Engineer (£23,346.44)
Accu is one of the fastest growing companies in UK engineering. We take pride in serving more than 50% of the top 100 global manufacturers through our online store: Accu.co.uk.
To hit our growth targets, we’re looking for great people to join our talented team in 2022.
We work with our customers to create life changing advancement, from tiny screws in children’s prosthetic limbs, to precision bolts within fusion reactors that promise unlimited clean energy, our components are delivered across the world to help build a better tomorrow.
We have an “Excellent” TrustPilot rating and an overall “5 Star” rating on Google. We get awesome customer feedback. Don’t believe us? Check it out for yourself. We truly are nuts about offering the best experience to all our customers.
We are guided by these principles:
● Be the most loved buying experience for engineers and innovators.
● Leverage technology to make engineering faster and more accessible.
● Deeply understand our customer’s expectations, then blow them out of the water.
● Nurture a highly efficient and innovative workplace that allows everyone to grow.
As a business, we care about our impact on the environment. We’re here to minimise waste, protect the planet and support projects that make lives better.
The role will require the successful candidate to contribute the delivery of internal projects and cross department training. The candidate will have to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or their own area of expertise . This is an important role where activities carried out will have a direct impact on both the business and customer experience, with clear traceable outcomes.
1. Filter and check feasibility of projects.
2. Attend Innovation Days.
3. Assist with the preparation of 2D Drawings, 3D models and Renders, and be responsible for handing these over to NPI, enabling them to complete the Product
4. Develop and deliver training to Accu staff and Chat Team.
5. Assist with the maintenance of production equipment and tooling throughout Accu.
Skill and Experience Requirements
● Self Starter and Driven.
● Excellent organisational skills and communication skills.
● Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments.
● Ability to effectively work from home on a flexible basis.
● Ability to use CAD software to produce 3D models and 2D drawings e.g Fusion 360.
● Knowledge of a rendering package or willingness to undergo training in this area.
● Engineering related qualifications (HNC, BSc etc.)
● A Reasonable degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach.
● Knowledge of industrial processes, manufacturing techniques and quality standards.
● Experience in a technical role is desirable but not essential.
● Hands-on experience with fasteners and fixings is desirable but not essential.
● You have a relentless thirst for knowledge – learning from courses, experience and feedback
● You contribute actively and enthusiastically; utilising high levels of creativity where appropriate
● You have excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering understanding together with common sense
● You have a bias for action, cooperation and trust
● You have the ability and desire to share subject matter expertise and knowledge effectively for the Improvement of the company as a whole.
● You have excellent intellect, ability to absorb new information rapidly and can contribute innovatively and reliably to system implementation projects
The Team & What We Offer
We’ve created a self-directing workplace that cultivates a culture of inclusion and belonging, whilst allowing everyone to grow. We have built a close-knit team with an extremely low employee turnover rate, here’s a few things you can look forward to:
• 4 day work week.
• Competitive salary with a transparent pay structure.
• Opportunity for progression at a high growth company.
• Remote and flexible working.
• Over 1,000 perks through Perkbox.
• 6 weeks paid annual leave. Earn up to 7 weeks through our length of service bonus.
• 3 months paid maternity leave & 1 month paid paternity leave.
• Pension scheme.
• Accu Academy – a fund to grow our employees’ skills.
• Bean to cup coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruit in the office.
• Sports & Social activities, incl. escape rooms, go-karting, food, drink and much more.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• £300 birthday bonus (after tax).
• £200 referral scheme.
If you’d like to join us, apply via Accu’s LinkedIn Page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and take the next step today; to help us build tomorrow. Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.
Accu, Haggwood Stone Quarry, Woodhead Rd, Huddersfield HD9 6PW