Job Title: Home Visiting Volunteer
Job Details: Home-visiting volunteers are trained and supported to home-visit weekly, families with small children, who need practical help, a listening ear with emotional support and in some cases help to access local community provision.
Each volunteer is carefully matched to their family to ensure that we avoid volunteers being expected to travel long distances, they are not known within their own local community and that the volunteer’s preferences are considered to enable a rapport to be built with the parent in order to achieve a positive outcome.
Volunteers receive regular supervision from their co-ordinator and a training programme is offered throughout the year.
Home-Start volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families under stress, in their own homes, to help to prevent family crisis or breakdown.
Home-Start Volunteers work towards increasing a family’s confidence and resilience by:
• visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected
• developing a relationship with a family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed
• reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are normal!
• emphasising the positive aspects of family life
• encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their children and the whole family
• encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and access to services available in the community
Job Description: Home-Start Kirklees
Job Contact: Email email@example.com or call 01484 421925
Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” when applying, thank you.