Health Safety and Quality Coordinator
G K & N Services are a company of Engineers working predominantly in the tanker building, jetting, drainage and welfare industry and are market leaders in our field.
Due to our continued success, we are looking to employ a Health Safety & Quality Coordinator.
The position will be a very much ‘Hands-on’ role to provide frontline HS&Q support to the business and can be tailored to either full or part time working.
Roles & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- To ensure G K & N comply with all applicable business & legislative governance.
- Implement industry best practice and help develop our management systems to achieve excellent HS&Q performance.
- Plan and undertake a variety of audit and monitoring functions to establish that safe and best practice is implemented in the workplace.
- Assist Senior Management in ensuring competence and appropriate training for all members of staff in accordance with relevant procedures and maintain competency files.
- Active participation in Health and Safety and Quality meetings, management review meetings, Risk Assessments and audits both internal and external.
- Provide HS&Q support during operational incidents and subsequent reporting and investigation.
- Prepare documentation and carry out Inductions/Re-Inductions for personnel.
- Interpret, recommend and implement improvements to the HS&Q framework and their respective standards, policies, processes and associated forms.
- Obtain feedback from company and client personnel to evaluate effectiveness of HS&Q performance and implement improvements where applicable.
- Compile and analyse statistical data for presentation to management.
- Ensure all HS&Q records and data is up-to date.
- Ensure that all Non-conformances are logged investigated and actioned.
- Assist in the creation of and oversee the review of Risk Assessments Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work.
- Ensure Fire Wardens, First Aiders and other appointed personnel receive relevant training to meet business needs and are advised of their roles and responsibilities.
- Control and document PPE and COSHH supplies for the Company
- Provide HS&Q awareness training and deliver toolbox talks
- Health Safety & Quality experience minimum 2 years
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications (desirable)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- COHSS Assessor/Risk Assessment/Auditor Training (desirable)
- Understanding of legal compliance such as but not limited to RIDDOR, PUWER & LOLER
The right individual will have an eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team and It would be beneficial but not essential to have an engineering background with administration experience,
To emphasise the experience required, G K & N products and systems are all low-volume and uniquely designed to customer requirements, rather than standard high-volume catalogue products.
In return we offer training and development opportunities with interesting and varied work with competitive rates of pay and Bupa health care after a qualifying period.
For more information on our services and products please view our website-
Apply by CV only to email@example.com or call 01484 684128 for more details, please add “As seen on Holmfirth.info” within your application, thank you
Strictly no agencies
G K & N Services Limited, Unit 6/7 Lee Mills Industrial Estate, Parkside, Scholes, Holmfirth, HD9 1RT