Fabricator Welder/Sheet Metal Worker
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Pattern: Monday-Thursday (7.30-4.30), Friday (7:30-2.00)
G, K & N Services Ltd (including G, K and N Spares Ltd) are a family run company based in Holmfirth; we design manufacture & build bespoke road and rail vehicle tankers and sell them to the biggest operators in the UK and run an onsite and online shop supplying accessories to the drainage, jetting, and welfare industries.
Due to expansion and a full order book, GK&N Services is now seeking a Fabricator/ Welder with Sheet Metal experience to perform a variety of tasks to join our existing team.
They will take direction and instruction from the Fabrication Manager aid the production in manufacture, finishing and delivery of high-quality tankers for the jetting, drainage, and welfare industry.
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of the role is to receive training to allow you to develop your skills whilst supporting the manufacture and assembly high quality mild steel / stainless-steel fabrications and vessels used for moving, storing, and expelling liquids and semi solid s in the tanker building, jetting, drainage, and welfare industry.
- Be competent in the technical aspects of fabrication welding, sheet metal manufacture and assembly and be fully proficient in MIG/TIG welding and manipulation of complex fabrications including ancillary items such as pipework, brackets and supports.
- Be willing to gain more extensive knowledge from others on how to manipulate general metal shop equipment such as press brakes, power saws, guillotines, pillar drills, rollers, and other workshop equipment.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and ensure implementation according to tolerances, finish, and weld specification.
- Understand flat pattern development, marking out and bending allowances.
- Understand of the principles around mechanical engineering practices within a special purpose manufacturing environment.
- Be able to deliver solutions to technical issues as and when they arise.
- Have a key eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
Key Skills and Experience
- Fabrication/ Welding Experience: 4 Years (Essential)
- Vessel and pipe welding experience (Desired)
- Experience in tanker building, jetting, drainage and welfare industry (Desired)
- Company pension adviser and company contribution
- Bupa health plan after qualifying period.
Apply by CV only to email@example.com or call 01484 684128 for more details, please add “As seen on Holmfirth.info” within your application, thank you
Strictly no agencies
G K & N Services Limited, Unit 6/7 Lee Mills Industrial Estate, Parkside, Scholes, Holmfirth, HD9 1RT