Educational Support Assistant – SEND (plus Lunch Time Supervisor role)
School: New Mill Infant and Junior schools, New Mill, Holmfirth HD9
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment until 31st August 2024
Working Pattern: Term Time Only
Hours per Week:
Educational Support Assistant role is 12.5 hours, plus Lunch time supervisor role which is 5 hours. Both worked as five afternoons at the Junior School.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd September 2023
Interview date: Thursday 7th September 2023
Start Date: ASAP
New Mill Infant and Junior schools are warm and welcoming schools, committed to ensuring that the children are at the heart of everything we do. We work together to provide one single learning journey across two schools and pride ourselves on providing a safe, happy and caring environment, where all pupils are nurtured and valued. We are part of the Learning Accord Multi-Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to the role of SEN Teaching Assistants to support vulnerable pupils.
We require the candidates to:
- Work closely with the SENDCO and the class team, to support the learning and welfare of targeted pupils at risk of significant underachievement, behavioural difficulties, disaffection and poor attendance.
- Have a proven track record of nurturing and engaging positively with children.
- Be passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential.
- Have a proven track record of working with vulnerable pupils.
- Provide practical support for learning, educational activities, developing social skills, integration and for securing pupils’ physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Be willing to undertake training, as required.
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants, or equivalent qualifications, or experience.
We can offer you:
- A warm, welcoming, inclusive school with a friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff.
- Excellent opportunities to develop professionally and grow in your role.
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference.
- Outstanding Well-Being support package
If you require further information about the schools please visit the schools website www.newmillschools.org.uk
New Mill Infant and Junior Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Completed forms should be returned directly to the School by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 3rd September 2023
TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION – click below
Grade 6 Educational Teaching Assistant Oct 2014
TO SEE THE EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATION DETAILS – click below
Person Spec SEND ETA – Grade 6. (as revised Feb 14) Educational Teaching Assistant
Application for Employment Equal Opportunities Monitoring – click below
Application for employment – click below
LAMAT Job Application form (1)