CNC/Manual Machine Operator – Skilled Engineer
ROLE: CNC/Machine Operator
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Full Time
HRS: 37.5hr p/w, Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 4.15pm, Friday 8.00am – 3.00pm
Rotational shifts 6.00 -14.00 & 14.00 – 22.00 (19.30 finish on Fri)
PAY: £13.43 p/h training rate with the potential to increase to £14.10 p/h once fully trained
BENEFITS: Weekly Pay, Production Bonus, 33.5 Annual Holidays, Company Sick Pay
Dathan Tool & Gauge Co Ltd, a progressive family run firm based in Meltham, Huddersfield, is looking to recruit a CNC/Manual Machine Operator to join their team. This is a very busy and demanding role ideally suited to a skilled engineer, CNC experience is preferable although full training will be given to the right candidate. There is a lot to learn about our products so knowledge of gear shaper cutters would be advantageous. This is very much a hands-on role and flexibility is required as you may also be required to help out in other departments. The willingness and ability to work various shift patterns is essential; a 20% premium is paid for shift work.
Main Duties Include:
- Profile Grind Gear Shaper Cutters on manual and CNC grinding machines
- Carry out checks on machines and identify abnormalities/ errors
- Basic machine operating
- Clocking on & Off Jobs on Javelin System
- Assist & cover in Manual & CNC Areas
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Previous CNC/ Manual profiling or similar role would be preferred
- Experience in operating machinery
- Good computer skills
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good level of numeracy & literacy
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
All applicants should send a cover letter/email and CV to Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org, please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info when applying, thank you”.