Childcare Practitioner (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
Shepley Preschool and Out of School Club
Location: Firth Street, Shepley, Huddersfield, HD8 8DD
Job title: Childcare Practitioner (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
Hours: Flexible hours to suit the business up to 37.5 hours per week
Job type: Fixed term position until the end of July 2022; This may lead to a permanent position dependant on the needs of the setting.
Salary: £10.30 an hour
Proposed interview date: TBC
Start date: ASAP
Shepley Preschool and OOSC are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced early year’s practitioner. The applicant must be confident and willing to act as a key person to a group of children. The successful applicant will work as part of our team, delivering and contributing to a high quality, caring and stimulating environment for our children.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care
For children in the setting.
- To act as a key person to a group of children. Plan and carry out activities, observe and track progress ensuring Electronic Learning Journeys are up to date.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
- To give support to the staff within the setting.
- To ensure the safeguarding and welfare of children in the setting.
- To build and maintain strong partnership, working with parents and families and liaising with outside agencies were necessary to enable children’s needs to be met.
Qualifications and Skills
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years is essential and a minimum of 2 years’ experience is desirable. Food hygiene and first aid qualifications would be desirable. Must have a strong working knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, health and safety systems and procedures. Able to work well in a team and be able to build good relationships with children, parents and other staff. For a full job description and to request an application form please contact Emma Booth via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01484 606 022 or 07971 022 022. Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” when applying, thank you
* Shepley Preschool and OOSC is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post-holder will be required to adhere to the preschool’s safeguarding procedures and policies and be seen to actively promote our safeguarding systems. All appointments will be subject to receiving satisfactory references; clearance of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory health clearance.