With the opening of our much-awaited Café ‘Lu’s Place’ fast approaching, we are looking for a skilled and passionate kitchen manager/chef to lead the team at Lu’s, to be available from February/March 2022.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to join a brand-new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
As kitchen manager/chef you would oversee the food and beverage operation and work closely with the front of house team. You will drive the food standards, speed of service and be heavily involved, yet supported in building the business of the café. We are looking for someone to take ownership of their department.
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
Initially 5 days per week, Wednesday – Sunday, 8:00am – 6:00pm with a view to extending opening hours once the business is established.
This position would suit someone who is looking for a better work/life balance as all hours are during the day with last orders being taken at approximately 16:30pm.
- Have had at least 2 years’ experience in a senior position in a similar operation
- Have had experience in team building, business and has a desire to be involved in this
- Be reliable, conscientious, and punctual
- Act as a role model to the rest of the team, be immaculate in presentation and are comfortable talking out front with both customers and team members
- Have a passion for using local produce
- Understand the local market and can, with guidance develop new dishes and events to enhance the offer and turnover
- Be able to recruit, motivate and train junior members of the team
- Be extremely organised, work well under pressure, have a flexible approach to working hours and lead by example
- Be able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets which will be strongly incentivised
- Have strong verbal communication and people skills and be able to communicate daily to relevant team members
- Have experience and an interest in social media to promote the business through Lu’s social channels
- Have an excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
- Have a minimum Level 2 food hygiene certification (Level 3 preferred)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Food preparation
- Menu input
- Stock control and levels
- Ordering food and drink
- Ordering disposables
- Deep cleaning the kitchen
- Record food safety on a daily basis with total responsibility
- Willingness to help the front of house team out with serving, taking orders, pot washing and cleaning if required
- Full time position
- No evening work required
- Competitive rate of pay dependant on experience
- Team discount
- On-site parking
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions
- Team outings
- Bonus scheme
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off to spend with loved ones
If you like the sound of this and would like to work with us, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please note that we will also consider hiring someone on a part-time basis if they meet our requirements.
Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” when applying, thank you.