Chef – Lu’s Place
We are looking for a skilled and passionate chef to support the Head Chef and wider team at Lu’s, to be available for an immediate start. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
You would work closely with the Head Chef to assist with the food and beverage operation. You will support the head chef to drive the food standards, speed of service and be heavily involved, yet supported in building the café business.
RATE OF PAY
Competitive – To be negotiated based on experience
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
Initially 5 days per week, Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 5:00pm and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm with a view to extending opening hours once the business is established.
These positions would suit those who are looking for a better work/life balance as all hours are during the day with last orders being taken at approximately 4:15pm.
- Have catering qualifications or relative experience
- Be reliable, conscientious, and punctual
- Be organised, work well under pressure, have a flexible approach to working hours and lead by example
- Be capable of stepping up in the Head Chef’s absence to run the food and beverage operation
- Be able to adhere to company standards and procedures
- Have strong verbal communication and people skills and be able to communicate daily to relevant team members
- Have experience and or an interest in social media to promote the business through Lu’s social channels
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pot washing
- Assist with stock control and levels
- Assist with ordering food, drink, and disposables
- Deep cleaning the kitchen
- Take responsibility for recording food safety when the Head Chef isn’t present
- Full time (40 hours) or Part-Time (to be negotiated) position available
- Training available
- Team discount
- On-site parking
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions
- Team outings
- Bonus scheme
- Christmas Day off to spend with loved ones
If you like the sound of this and would like to work with us, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at email@example.com
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.