Salary details: Grade 7
New Mill Infant school, Kirkroyds Lane, New Mill, Holmfirth HD9 1LS and
New Mill Junior School Royds Avenue, New Mill Holmfirth HD9 1LJ
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment until 31st August 2024
Working Pattern: 52 Weeks
Hours per Week: 22.5hours
Closing date: Wednesday 19th July 2023 – 9am
Interviews: Friday 21st July – AM
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, conscientious, highly motivated and capable caretaker /site manager for our two schools.
New Mill Infant and New Mill Junior schools are warm and welcoming schools, committed to ensuring that the children are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for someone with a good range of skills including general DIY, security and grounds maintenance which ensures that pupils and staff are able to work in a welcoming, clean and safe environment.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A hard working and reliable individual who will play a key part in maintaining and improving our school environment both internally and externally and who will have a sense of pride in their role and in the schools..
- Competent and confident in carrying out minor repairs in an efficient and safe manner to a high standard.
- Able to organise and prioritise work effectively and source and order consumables as required
- Aware of Health and Safety requirements and able to identify any Health and Safety risks and deal with them accordingly
- Willing to complete training appropriate for the role
- Able to complete all paperwork required to ensure the schools are compliant
- Able to work on their own initiative and be proactive
You will need to:
- Have practical experience that will enable you to fix and mend as required
- Be able to carry out a range of physical tasks that will include lifting and carrying, working at heights, etc.
- Be enthusiastic and helpful towards staff and children
- Be open to training that will enable you to fulfil the roe which may require additional hours to be worked
- Have an understanding of H.A.S.A.W and C.O.S.H.H
We can offer you:
- A warm, welcoming, inclusive schools with a friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff.
- Excellent opportunities to develop professionally and grow in your role.
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference.
- Outstanding Well-Being support package
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school. Please telephone 01484 955820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, if you require further information about the schools please visit the schools website www.newmillschools.org.uk
New Mill Infant and Junior Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Completed forms should be returned directly to the School by post or by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 19th July 2023 – 9am
When applying, please mention you saw the post on Holmfirth.info, thank you
To view the full job description – click below
Grade 7 Caretaker Oct 2014
Employee Specification details – click below
CA07 – Grade 7.Caretaker
Application for Employment Equal Opportunities Monitoring – click below
Application for employment – click below
LAMAT Job Application form