Café Manager – Lu’s Place
Due to the continuing growth of Lu’s Place, we are looking to recruit a Café Manager to join our team.
Do you hold some of our company values? Do you lead by example, have exceptional customer service, and always put the customer first? Are you committed to your work and passionate about personal development? If so, this position could be for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and take charge of a new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
We are looking for a respectful, customer-focused, enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking individual to join our team who will be flexible and take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the café.
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
6 days per week, Wednesday – Monday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with a view to open 7 days a week in 2023.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will:
- Have managerial/supervisory experience, preferably in a food business (desirable)
- Have a passion for fantastic customer service and a hands-on management style
- Listen and respond to our customers feedback and react accordingly
- Have experience of working within a busy catering environment and/or dealing with customers face-to-face
- Have bar and barista experience (desirable)
- Be confident in dealing with complaints and difficult situations
- Be highly reliable, trustworthy, and time conscious
- Be authoritative as and when required
- A ‘get things done’ attitude
- Be extremely hands on to support the kitchen and bar team
- Be computer literate and have experience of using booking systems (desirable)
- Be confident in running end of day reports
- Be willing to undergo any training required to assist with your role
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a responsible key holder
- Manage the front of house team whilst delegating necessary tasks
- Be the ‘go to’ person in the first instance for all staff
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the shift
- Deal with any complaints or difficult situations
- Take orders via our electronic cloud-based ordering system
- Make hot and cold beverages
- Serving food and drinks and clearing tables
- Have extensive knowledge of our menu and the ability to make recommendations
- Provide detailed information regarding ingredients and potential food allergies
- Operating till and card payment system
- Clean and maintain customer areas to company standards
- Complete daily cleaning tasks
- Ensure food safety/COVID-19 hygiene compliance
- Stock replenishment and control throughout day whilst reporting any low-level stock to the Managing Director
- Taking bookings over the phone and via email
- Responding to all enquiries and reviews where applicable
- Working alongside and regularly report to the Managing Director
- Full time position available
Competitive rate of pay
- Team discount
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions (if eligible)
- Team outings
Please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at email@example.com
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.