Assistant River Ranger – River Holme Connections
Responsible to: RHC River Ranger
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting with RHC’s riparian land management programme, including river and riparian habitat improvements, waste removal, monitoring and treatment of invasive species, tree planting and tree management.
Engage and support volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds.
Foster constructive partnerships with statutory authorities, the third sector and community groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES, working on own as directed by the River Ranger or as part of a team
Riparian improvements including:
- Biodiversity and river bank enhancement (wildflower planting, meadow management and river clean-ups etc)
- Invasive species monitoring and control including Japanese knotweed and Himalayan Balsam treatment
- Path, route and access improvements
- Erection of small-scale structures e.g. benches, fences
- Participate in the tree and hedge planting programme, leading volunteer teams as directed
Ensure safe working policy and practice for self and others
- Write risk assessments
- Accident and incident reporting and recording
- Ensure safe working practice for self, public, and volunteers
Resource management and reporting
- Management, safe storage and care of vehicles, tools and equipment
- Operate within agreed budget
- Contribute to the monthly staff report to trustees
Working with Volunteers
- Recruit, support and motivate volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds and age groups while out and about in the field
- Volunteer administration including, initial registration, assessing training needs and recording volunteer hours.
Participation in and delivery of events and education sessions
Support open days and volunteer celebration events. Support delivery of sessions as part of RHC’s education programme as required.
- Assist with grant record keeping and reporting
Work with and support Local Authority, community groups, local businesses, arts, sports clubs, youth organisations etc.
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com, adding “As seen on Holmfirth.Info”, thank you.