Apprentice Childcare Practitioner
Club or setting: Shepley Preschool and Out of School Club
Location: Firth Street, Shepley, Huddersfield, HD8 8DD
Job title: Apprentice Childcare Practitioner
Hours: Full time hours to accommodate on the job training sessions
Job type: Full-time for duration of training
Closing date: Friday 04th February 2021
Proposed interview date: W/C 14th February 2021
Start date: Immediate start
Shepley Preschool and OOSC are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and pro-active apprentice
childcare practitioner. The successful applicant will work as part of our team, delivering and
contributing to a high quality, caring and stimulating environment for our children. We are looking for
someone who has an interest in working with young children under 5 years and possibly spending
some time with our older children aged 5 years to 10 years. This person will have the ability to relate
and interact with children and most importantly should be enthusiastic and caring.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. To work towards and complete a level 2 or 3 apprenticeship in Early Years
2. To support the staff team in providing high quality care and education for all children attending the
3. To participate in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
4. To participate in the observation and assessment of children under the direction of colleagues
5. To provide a safe, caring, stimulating environment, both indoors and outdoors at all times.
6. To assist colleagues in planning and implementing a variety of engaging activities to meet the
children’s individual needs and interests
7.To participate in supporting the children’s personal, social and emotional development, including
the promotion of positive behaviour strategies
8. To actively support the development of children’s language, communication and thinking skills
9. To establish and maintain positive relationships with the children and their families
10. Assist in maintaining a high standard of hygiene, being aware of health and safety at all times.
11. To actively support and promote our policies and procedures.
12. To report accidents and incidents to a member of staff to ensure records are properly maintained
and relevant first aid administered.
13. To participate and contribute towards all Ofsted inspections and Local Authority visits.
14. To participate in relevant training and development
15. Be responsible for and committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of any children,
young people and any vulnerable groups you may come into contact with during your employment
16.To be flexible within working practices in the setting, including undertaking domestic tasks when
and where this is necessary, and to attend out of working hours activities (such as training sessions,
staff meetings and parents’ evenings) when required
17. To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Management team
Qualifications and Skills
GCSE’s levels C to A*
Able to work well in a team and be able to build good relationships with children, parents and other
To request an application form please contact Natalie Firth via email at:
email@example.com or call 01484 606 022 or 07971 022 022.
Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” when applying, thank you.
* Shepley Preschool and OOSC is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post-
holder will be required to adhere to the preschool’s safeguarding procedures and policies and be seen to
actively promote our safeguarding systems. All appointments will be subject to receiving satisfactory
references; clearance of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory health clearance.