Job: Trainee Milling and Scouring Operative
Location – Holmfirth Dyers, Holmfirth
Who are we
A multi-award-winning textile manufacturer with two centuries of heritage and a forward-thinking approach to innovation and sustainability, Camira designs and manufactures environmental fabrics for the commercial, public transport and residential sectors.
To assist in the preparation of fabrics for dyeing and finishing through Milling.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Operation of Milling machine (and other machines depending on requirement)
- Following Milling SOP
- Following Milling machine cleaning procedure.
- Ensuring fabric is processed to plan and to specification.
- Pushing Carts from one area of the factory to another.
- Ensuring storage is such that it keeps walkways and access points clear.
- Following Procedures on Worksheets for different fabric Qualities.
- Assisting in general preparation duties in the factory (MULTISKILLING)
- Keeping the machine in a clean and safe condition.
- Reporting any faults or inconsistencies to management.
- Adhering to health and safety policies and safe systems of work.
Knowledge and aptitudes required:
- Good hand eye co-ordination
- Be able to follow instructions
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Rate of pay starting at:
£11.03 with no experience and trained on the job. Pay to increase to £11.41 once completed 3 months’ probation period. This includes night allowance.
Monday to Thursday 6pm until 6am
Email address: Zainab.email@example.com or call 07983628745.
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth Info” within your application.