VACANCY: Role: Practice Cleaner
Hours: 15 hours per week, 6 am – 9 am Monday to Friday
Location: Holmfirth and Meltham
Hourly rate: £9.50
Would you like to work in healthcare?
Elmwood Family Doctors is a large, modern GP Practice with an excellent reputation for patient care. We are split across two sites. Our large Holmfirth site has excellent facilities and offers a wide range of services. Our Meltham site is conveniently located in the heart of the local village community. We offer a full range of healthcare services to approximately 15,000 patients across both sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a collegiate, supportive team and to make a meaningful contribution to further developing the high standards our team has put in place.
If you are motivated to make a meaningful contribution to the provision of high-quality healthcare in your local area and work well in a team.
We are looking for a Practice Cleaner to join our team.
The main duties of this role will be to assist the team with the internal cleaning of the health centre according to the detailed work schedules and standards set out by the Practice, using the materials and equipment provided in the manner recommended by the manufacturers and suppliers. To adhere to health and safety regulations ensuring that all cleaning is carried out in a safe manner.
Each team member will normally have designated areas for which they are responsible with some large areas being covered by two or more.
The successful candidate will also need to have a flexible attitude towards the duties they are asked to take on and be able to easily adapt to changes.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you, we would love to hear from you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of this role will be to assist the team with providing a high-quality cleanliness of this practice by ensuring the following tasks are carried out:
- Vacuuming of carpets and mats
- Cleaning of all hard and soft floor surfaces by appropriate method
- Cleaning of toilets by appropriate method
- Cleaning kitchen areas
- Cleaning all telephony and computer equipment, fixtures and fittings as per cleaning schedules
- Collecting and bagging of general waste and putting ready for disposal
- Collecting and bagging of clinical waste and putting ready for disposal
- Replenishing supplies of soap, paper towels, toilet rolls and waste disposal bags
- Ensuring that all cleaning equipment used is cleaned in preparation for the next day
- Reporting of faulty cleaning equipment and any conditions that may require attention to the Practice Administrators
- Effectively monitor and report stock levels of cleaning materials, and place appropriate orders before stocks are exhausted
- Ensure safe storage of cleaning equipment / products
- Ensuring that patients, visitors and staff are treated with care and consideration
- Washing and disinfecting waste bins where necessary
- Follow and adhere to Health and Safety procedures
- To adhere to the cleaning regimens put in place to ensure regular timely cleaning is undertaken
- Recording the cleaning of each specific area of work as necessitated by the business
- Meeting regularly with the Cleaning Team Leader to discuss focus areas
- Ensure any training requirements are fulfilled
- Undertake any other cleaning tasks that may occasionally be required on a periodic basis, prior notification will be given, and overtime paid at the hourly rate.
Hours and Location
We’re looking for a part time Practice Cleaner working Monday to Friday. The hours will 6 am to 9 am.
Our staff work across both of our sites, Holmfirth and Meltham. This flexibility means our staff can build successful working relationships with all of their colleagues, get to know our patients and enjoy a more varied role. The successful candidate will need to be able to travel to both locations. In order to ensure excellent patient service and team work, this is an on-site role and home-working will not be practical.
To apply for this position please visit the following link (please add “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you. https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/A3954-23-1311