Located near Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley, it’s all aboard at Clayton West Station where you can enjoy a fun double loop on the ride-on-miniature train before jumping on the big train for a 25 minute journey through the Yorkshire countryside to Shelley Station (*Standard days only)
Swing, jump and slide through the day on the outdoor adventure playgrounds at both ends of the line and bounce to your heart’s content on their new undercover jumping pillow come rain or shine.
Stop to refuel in The Firebox Café at Clayton West Station or enjoy waffles, brownies, pancakes and scoops of ice cream with all the toppings at The Turntable dessert parlour at Shelley Station.
On selected term-time Mondays and Fridays, bring your mini-me along for the Young Engineers days: a scaled-down version of a standard day aimed exclusively at toddlers and pre-schoolers. These scaled down days include:
- Return steam train ride to Cuckoo’s Nest only (total journey time of 20 minutes) – can travel unlimited times if availability allows
- Unlimited platform rides on Tram No.7
- Unlimited rides on the Clayton Flyer miniature railway
- Unlimited jumps on The Pillow, jumping pillow
- Unlimited fun in The Shed, indoor activity area
- Unlimited access to the playground at Clayton West
- Option to add on a Hungry Engineers afternoon tea box
There are a host of special events throughout the year to keep your little ones entertained: from Dinosaur Ranger Adventures to The Wizard Express, from Halloween Ghost Trains to Mrs Claus’ Christmas Adventure, and not forgetting the sell-out Santa Specials in November/December.
There is a large free car park at Clayton West Station. Please check the attraction’s website for the most up-to-date opening times.
Tickets MUST be booked online in advance at www.whistlestopvalley.co.uk.
Photography credits: Michelle Wardman Photography and Wandering with a smile
A quick glance at upcoming Events at this Venue (click here for more info)