Part-Time Chef/Kitchen Assistant
We are looking for a skilled and passionate part-time chef/kitchen assistant to support the head chef and wider team at Lu’s, to be available from Mid-March 2022.
We would consider an apprentice or individual looking to gain some paid work experience or placement as part of their studies.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to join a brand-new team, work in a modern venue and contribute towards building our reputation within the local community.
As part time chef/kitchen assistant you would work closely with the head chef to assist with the food and beverage operation. You will support the head chef to drive the food standards, speed of service and be heavily involved, yet supported in building the café business.
CAFÉ OPENING HOURS
Initially 5 days per week, Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 6:00pm and Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm with a view to extending opening hours once the business is established.
This position would suit someone who is looking for a better work/life balance as all hours are during the day with last orders being taken at approximately 5:00pm.
- Catering qualifications or relative experience are desirable but not essential. On the job training can be provided to the right candidate
- Be reliable, conscientious, and punctual
- Be organised, work well under pressure, have a flexible approach to working hours and lead by example
- Step up in the head chef’s absence to run the food and beverage operation
- Be able to adhere to company standards and procedures
- Have strong verbal communication and people skills and be able to communicate daily to relevant team members
- Have experience and or an interest in social media to promote the business through Lu’s social channels
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Food preparation
- Pot washing
- Assist with stock control and levels
- Assist with ordering food, drink, and disposables
- Deep cleaning the kitchen
- Take responsibility for recording food safety when the head chef isn’t present
- Willingness to help the front of house team out with serving, taking orders, pot washing and cleaning if required
- Part-Time position
- No evening work required
- Training available
- Competitive rate of pay dependent on experience
- Team discount
- On-site parking
- Holiday allowance
- Pension contributions
- Team outings
- Bonus scheme
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off to spend with loved ones
If you like the sound of this and would like to work with us, please email a copy of your up-to-date CV together with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a fit for our team to Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please submit your application as soon as possible as the vacancies will close to new applications when a sufficient number have been received**
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.