Job Title: Baker – Cake Decorator
Location: Ruddi’s – Slaithwaite Village in the most part, flexibility is required should their be events and stalls located off site.
Travel Required: Full driving license preferred as travel will be involvedrs
Ruddi’s Retreat is a well-established small charity supporting families affected by childhood Cancer, life limiting illness and bereavement by sending them on much needed respite holidays. We have a funding stream from a cake store/café situated in the centre of Slaithwaite, Huddersfield.
Typical job responsibilities include:
As a baker – cake decorator, you will be required to do the following day to day tasks:-
- Interact with customers to discuss their needs and take orders if applicable.
- Weigh out quantities of ingredients and follow recipes.
- Mix ingredients by hand or with catering machinery.
- Bake products in batches in our industrial ovens in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of food production and preparation methods.
- Bake products in batches in industrial ovens and ensure shop is fully stocked at all times.
- Make quality checks on all food that is presented to customers and in the shop
- Decorate and finish baked items ready for dispatch or shop display
- Keep production areas clean and suitable for food preparation.
- Stock take and order supplies if manager is not available to do these tasks.
- Develop new recipes and products.
- Undertake Food Hygiene course and gain all certification required, as a minimum Level 2 is required.
- Help out in store if required.
- Prepare meals for the delivery service.
Undertake all relevant training courses as instructed by the manager.
Qualities and desirable needs
- The ability to work well with your hands
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
- Maths knowledge
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- The ability to use your initiative
- Driving licence – Cake and food deliveries may be asked of you
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com