For over half a century, Longley Farm has worked hard to produce the very best dairy products. Quality and goodness come naturally and are the hallmarks of our independent dairy built on traditional family values. These values have been vital in helping us create a range of award-winning dairy products which are enjoyed in Yorkshire and around the world.
We currently have a vacancy available within our sales and administration team. There is genuine scope and opportunity for talented individuals with the right attitude and approach to work to progress their career with us. In return for the opportunities and benefits Longley Farm offers, we ask for the highest standards of commitment and professionalism from our team.
About the role
We ask that all our team are able to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility. This role is full time Monday to Friday 8am- 5pm plus some Saturday working on a shared rota.
The role entails:
- Answering the telephone promptly and professionally
- Taking customer orders over the phone accurately
- Processing deliveries/orders received by phone, email or order portal
- Booking in deliveries with outside transport providers and customer depots
- Responding to and resolving customer queries and requests
- Liaising with distribution regarding orders/shortages/extras etc.
- Liaising with production departments when special orders or unusually large orders are required
- Entering delivery notes on sales control system
- Updating and changing information when required
- Providing other general administration duties
- Contacting customers to ensure all orders are received for the following day
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks and projects as requested
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate:
- Confident telephone manner
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office; experience of Sage 200 would be beneficial
- Good organisational skills, prioritising, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent data inputting and keyboard skills
- Friendly and professional manner
- Ability to multitask and be a team player
- A can-do attitude with the ability to offer fresh ideas
All applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
What’s on offer?
We offer competitive rates of pay, rising following a period of training. Opportunities for further development and progression working alongside our experienced and knowledgeable team.
Contributory pension scheme
33 days holiday per year
Some paid breaks
Please send an up to date copy of your CV and hand-written cover letter including the role you are interested in applying for, to: Vacancies@longleyfarm.com
Or post to: Vacancies, Longley Farm, Holmfirth, HD9 2JD
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Info” within your application.