Holmfirth Arts Festival invites new members to join the Board of Trustees.
If you are not already familiar with us, Holmfirth Arts & Music Ltd was formed in 2007 (becoming incorporated in March 2010) with the aim of supporting and encouraging the development of art and music in Holmfirth and the Holme Valley. We are a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
The company’s major project is the annual Holmfirth Arts Festival – one of Yorkshire’s best small Festivals.
Holmfirth Arts Festival celebrates creativity in the landscape by:
● Commissioning new work and supporting diverse artists
● Inspiring diverse communities to engage with the arts and their heritage
● Caring for the environment
● Connecting locally, regionally and internationally
We are looking for new Trustees to join an existing experienced and active Board to oversee the strategic direction and governance of the charitable organisation.
● Preparing for and attending Board meetings and the AGM– approximately 9 x 2 hour meetings per year, held in Holmfirth.
● Networking and advocating on behalf of the Festival
● Attending our activities and events and giving structured feedback
● are volunteers and no salary or fee will be paid
● are appointed for up to 3 years and can be re-elected for a maximum further 3 years.
● are required to be registered at Companies House
● must declare any conflicts of interest where those interests impact on a Trustee’s duty to act solely in the interests of the charity.
Individuals from the Holme Valley, that are under 50 years old, have one or more protected characteristic or have finance or fundraising experience are particularly invited to apply.
For further information go to www.holmfirthartsfestival.co.uk.
There is further guidance on the role of Trustees available on the Charity Commission website – ‘The essential trustee: what you need to know, what you need to do.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee then please email an expression of interest to Roger Lancaster (Chair of Trustees) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 November 2022. Please add “As seen on Holmfirth.info”, thank you.