Blacksmith Marketing Consultancy provides clients with strategic marketing consultancy and carefully considered design solutions, for online and offline communications. This involves producing original and compelling written content for websites, social media, press ads, TV scripts, newsletters, and brochures.
Blacksmith offers a relaxed and enjoyable working environment in a growing creative consultancy.
We are looking for a highly articulate, enthusiastic and confident Digital Media Coordinator to generate social media and website content, while developing and maintaining existing relationships with our diverse and exciting range of clients.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in social media management, client liaison or account handling in a creative industry, have superlative grammar, spelling and typing skills and be prepared to work to deadlines. Alternatively, you may be a recent graduate with a relevant degree in marketing, design, or an arts-based, English or History degree / looking to make a start in marketing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Occasional travel to meetings and the odd “errand” – mainly around Huddersfield – but occasionally accompany Neil or Joey to meetings further afield.
- Perform the classic account executive roles of actioning projects arising from meeting notes, creating timing plans, assembling/chasing information and decisions from clients, prioritise and schedule work.
- Help develop our social media offer across all platforms.
- Create original written content and graphics for clients maintain and develop content calendars.
- Update web content using CMS systems.
- Manage routine day to day requests from clients.
- Use our work in progress system “Trello”.
- Monitor web sites regularly to ensure they are working and up to date.
- Develop great relationships on the phone and by email with clients.
- Edit and fact check written content prior to publication and assist with writing content.
- Write and upload SEO specific content to web sites, inc page titles and meta descriptions.
- To thoroughly proofread and provide feedback on copy and artwork throughout all projects.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and keen to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make a positive impression on our diverse range of clients
- Well-presented, professional appearance
- Wide range of personal interest including current affairs and popular culture
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in creative writing for multiple platforms
- Comfortable working on an Apple Mac device
- Strong proofreading skills
- Excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience of using InDesign and CMS systems on WordPress websites
- Comfortable communicating with clients and suppliers at all levels
- We are keen to meet people with two years’ experience in a similar role, or a graduate with a passion for marketing and communications
- Huddersfield Town Centre, West Yorkshire/ freedom to work from home Fridays and additional times when needed.
- Dependent on experience – up to 25,000.00pa
You must, by the start of your employment, have permission to work in the UK, have a full driving license and preferably have access to own transport.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com, adding “As seen on Holmfirth.Info” within your application, thank you.