Caretaker, The Civic Holmfirth
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Reports to: Centre Manager
This is an interesting and flexible role for the right person to help support the work of Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust. The Civic Holmfirth is a Grade II listed building in the heart of Holmfirth, owned by Holme Valley Parish Council and run and managed on a daily basis by Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust.
The role will ensure the building is operated on a day to day basis including opening and locking up, maintenance, security, set up and take down of events and routine cleaning.
This is a flexible part time role of 15 hours with standard hours throughout the week, and flexibility required throughout the weekend. Based on a Zero Hour Contract, some weeks more hours will be required, as advised in advance by the Centre Manager.
Security & Building Operations
- Opening and closing the building to meet routine and none-routine requirements of the hirers.
- Carry out security procedures for the building i.e opening and locking doors, deactivating/activating alarms, identifying repairs, weekly fire alarms tests.
- Operating the boiler systems so adequate temperatures are maintained for all users.
- Ensure reasonable access is possible in times of inclement weather.
- Grounds maintenance activities, for example litter picking and weed-killing.
- Set up and take downs, mainly for weekend events, including audience seating and re-stocking of the bar area.
- To attend call out as required.
- Organise and perform daily/weekly cleaning duties as per managers rota.
- Perform occasional non routine cleaning tasks as and when required.
- Organise any cleaning with Manager that could not be foreseen and planned on a routine basis by using cleaning contractors.
- Ensure ground drain gullies, toilets and sink outlets remain free flowing and clean
- In the event of snow, frost or minor flooding ensure access to at least one entrance is provided safely.
- Be a positive member of the staff, maintaining good relationships with hall users and other members of the community.
- Ensure all visitors to the hall are dealt with in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Interacting with hall users to understand their requirements and helping to ensure they are met in the best possible way.
- Escort new and potential customers to view the hall.
- Responsible for the security of the site including ensuring that unexpected people on site are challenged to ensure there are no risks to hirers.
- Carry out ‘’first aid’’ emergency repairs to ensure building security as the need arises
- Identify and collate defects and repairs that require attention, action after discussion with manager.
- Carry out minor repairs as required.
- Dispose of rubbish and ensure unimpeded access for refuse collectors to enable bins and containers to be emptied without hazard.
- Report all evidence of vermin/pests immediately to the Manager.
- Ensure all bins are emptied as and when required.
- Ensure the Hall entrance is litter free.
Please apply in writing to Liz Annett, Centre Manager of Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust, supplying your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role. For an informal chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org adding “as seen on Holmfirth.info”.
|Experience of working in a facilities environment with responsibility for security of the building, setting up and taking down chairs, tables etc. dealing with ad hoc repairs to maintain the safety of the environment.
|Experience of re-stocking a bar
Able to operate a boiler system to ensure an optimum temperature is maintained for all users.
|Experience of working in a cleaning role within a customer service environment
|Understanding of waste management in a facilities environment.
|Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
Skills in minor repairs, painting etc to maintain the fabric of the building.
Able to maintain the grounds to ensure a safe, tidy environment.
|Experience of working in a customer facing role.
Able to communicate clearly with a range of customers and colleagues to identify and meet their needs.
Ability to work flexibly and adaptably to meet the changing and diverse needs of the organisation.
|Experience of working in a team.