Admin support in busy accountancy and advisory firm
V&A Vigar Group is a proactive and growing accountancy and advisory firm supporting clients across the whole of the UK – and beyond! We provide a full range of services for clients who vary from owner-managed SME businesses to globe-trotting professional contractors.
Passionate about high-quality service and helping our clients to get the best out of their businesses, we pride ourselves on being a fun, friendly, and down-to-earth bunch of people.
We are looking for a self-motived and highly efficient admin assistant to join us at the heart of our team.
Working patterns – We are happy to explore this role being part-time, job-share or on a flexible-hours pattern to see what works for you as well as us.
Your key attributes – You will be thoroughly organised, forward-thinking, logical, patient and have great attention to detail. You will be working in a quick-moving and time-pressured environment, so a good sense of humour really helps to get you through.
You will be working alongside a team that supports a very wide range of owner-managed businesses from IT consultants to adhesives, estate agents to guitar pick-up makers, farriers to photographers, housebuilders to engineering companies and even a SuperLeague Rugby League club.
Key activities –at its core this role involves:
- Generally ensuring that clients feel thought about, loved, and know they are our top priority
- Working closely with our Office Coordinator on managing client relationships so that the information we need has arrived when we need it – and knowing when that will be!
- Answering the phones and directing them to the right place (some of our team work remotely) or taking/relaying accurate messages
- Sending out information reminders and chasing clients for paperwork
- Helping to get the packs of accounts/tax information out to clients for approval (and chasing them back in)
- Running the administration of the Holmfirth office be that ordering office supplies, ensuring that there’s coffee waiting for visitors (when we start having office meetings again), making sure the windows have been cleaned, organising the confidential shredding, or finding us somewhere for a fun lunchtime get together
Personal Development and Training Support – whilst we would expect you to have a background in admin, training on our systems and “what’s what” in the accounting world will be given. For the right candidate, the role could develop beyond being “in admin”.
Holiday – 28 days (inc Bank Holidays), pro-rata’d for part-time working
Salary – market rate based on your experience and the hours you’ll be working + pension + access to the firm’s health scheme
How to apply
Apply by email to email@example.com enclosing your CV and explaining why you feel this is both the right role for you and you’re the right person for this role.
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.