Pregnancy | Birth | Postnatal | Infant Feeding
The support your growing family deserves.
Groups, 1 to 1s, classes, and workshops in and around Holmfirth.
Full doula care packages are available
Inclusive birth and breastfeeding education and support.
Using mindfulness techniques, sharing current information, and practical help to give you the support that is right for you.
Take control | Get informed | Invest in your experience
All clients booking a doula package receive a free initial consultation. My availability is very limited, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to find out more.
- Listing categories Baby & Child Services, Counselling / Hypnotherapy / Mindfullness, Health & Beauty, Local Services, Medical, Healthcare & Fitness
- What’s a doula?
- A doula is a non-medical support person who educates and supports families during pregnancy, birth, and postnatally.
- What does a doula do?
- The most important thing that a doula does is to believe in you and support you unconditionally. I will inform you of your choices and help with your mindset and confidence. I can’t wave a magic wand and make birth and feeding easy but I can work with you to set your goals and share practical and emotional methods that will help you to meet them.
- Why do I need a doula?
- A doula provides the continuity of care that is lacking within the NHS system. Doulas are self-employed so their priority is you. Doulas will support and advocate for you and your partner at what can be an extremely vulnerable time.
- What about the cost?
- Think about what’s important to you. The birth and your feeding journey with your baby will stick with you forever. Could you cut back in other areas? Perhaps buy some second-hand baby items? How about asking friends and family to contribute to your doula care as a gift? If it’s important to you, you will find a way to make it happen.
- Do you offer a discount?
- For families who need it, we can certainly discuss installment plans and discounts. Some families that can comfortably afford my services choose to ‘pay it forward’ so that people with a lower income can benefit.
- Why mindfulness?
- The mind-body connection is vital for birth and feeding. If you feel scared, anxious, or stressed out, that will affect both of these processes. Simple mindfulness techniques can help hugely. I have a range that you can try to find what works for you.
- What are your qualifications?
- I am a trained doula with Paramana Doulas and Badass Doulas. I am a trained Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner with The Mindful Breastfeeding School.